Old 27-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default What apple trees do I plant..

"Steve wrote in message ...
I am looking to plant two apple trees in the front garden. I have two good
size areas one for an eating apple and one for a cooking apple, well

that's
the plan.
I would like to let then get to about 9-10 ft and then keep them that way.
Anyone have any suggestions on what type to plant as I have never done

this,
I am looking for a tasty apple and good cropping tree.

For a cooker try "Arthur Turner", it's the only fruit tree to also get an
Award of Garden Merit for it's flowers. Makes a change from the common
Bramley. Good big apples too, lovely baked. :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.