Old 27-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Dan

Default Baby possum in strawberries

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:41:10 -0700, Polar
wrote:

Dunno how he got in under the netting, but there he was,
hissing at me. I only wanted to get him out so the cat wouldn't get
him. Anyway, he escaped on his own.

Less than a month ago an adult got into the barn. I was changing the
animals' water, and I never saw it until I was about a foot away. It
was hiding near a hay pile, silently baring its' teeth at my hand. No
hissing, no noise whatsoever. If I had moved the water just a few
inches closer it would've bit me. Be thankful you actually got a hiss
out of it.

After seeing that kind of attitude, and knowing it could spread rabies
to the animals, I helped it play opossum a little more convincingly.

Dan