Old 27-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Alan Gould

Default Nettle manure

In article , Rick McGreal
writes
Erm...When you say insect repellant...
Will it kill off worms and other 'Nice' creatures?
(Butterflies are MOST welcome in my garden!)

It doesn't kill off anything, if it did it would be an insecticide, not
a repellent and thus illegal to make and use. Nettle infusion is very
effective for aphids such as white-fly etc. which congregate in
greenhouses, poly-tunnels and conservatories. We use it as a foliar feed
when the plants are in full growth and producing. As a result we rarely
see any aphids on our plants, we never need to use any chemical
insecticides or fertilisers, and our crops are healthier and tastier.
Nettles are a wonderful plant, nature's gift to understanding gardeners.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.