Old 27-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Ryan

Default Wisteria question

mgeost writes:

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
. com...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mac, DO NOT plant wisteria. It does not care
about sun, shade, water, drought, or that you want it to stay on
a "swing frame." All it wants to grow all day every day until it
covers every tree and shrub in your yard. If you still think you
may want it, ask 3 people who have it growing in their yard if
they would plant it again. Hope that'll cure you.
Jeny

Fooey on you! Anyone who doesn't fall in love with the fleeting
"spang-dangles" put forth by the wisteria vine every spring is feeble
indeed.

You might not want this puple elephant in your yard, but you cannot
dismiss its beauty.

I agree. I've got two lovely wisteria tree/bushes (self standing). A few
times a year I have to trim the runners from getting too far, but it's a
fair price to pay for a mound of sweet smelling purple flowers every
spring.

Ryan