Old 27-04-2003, 06:45 PM
gray bale

Default Greenhouse - new or 2nd hand?

My experiences of moving a greenhouse.

1 - Watch out for the greenhouses that have a little M4 ?? slotted screws
and nuts that are positioned in the corners, these are a devil to undo after
10 years. I think they must have been stainless steel, as I had to grind
them off.

2 - Watch out for method of sealing the glass, as normally the rubber will
have hardened / perished. The one I have just bought, had foam sealing
strip, that ended up being just powder, when I took it apart.

3 - Watch out for the alloy square nuts and bolts, these tend to age and
will snap off.

4 - Label all struts up etc, label all verticals up starting with 1, 2, 3
etc and go in a clockwise manner. Do the same with the roof.

5 - You will smash some glass, in trying to get them out, or in transit. But
keep all the funny shaped broken bits, for use as a template.