Old 27-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Mike

Default Aphids (I think)

Thanks for the replys. That moth pupa looks spot-on. Very interesting
link. I've also had a lot of what I now know to be Hawthorn Shieldbug

Cheers

Mike

Martin Sykes wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
.. .

I had this as well and was wondering what they were. Only difference is
that the ones I've got are yellow. The first two pictures here I took
today on my blackberry bush:
http://www.zen14024.zen.co.uk/garden/

While we're on the subject of pest identification, can anyone identify
what the object in the bottom two pictures is. I found it in the soil
and thought it was maybe a moth or something

Cheers

Mike

The foamy stuff is caused froghoppers I think. Also called cuckoo spit:
http://www.uksafari.com/froghopper.htm

I think you're right about the second picture. It's a moth pupa. Look at the
moth on this page:
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/insects.htm

It's almost identical.

Martin