Old 27-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Nettle manure

Janet Baraclough wrote in
:

Is it worth my investing 2 hours collecting the nettles and starting
this off?

Yes, but filling a two gallon container with nettles will take you
about 5 minutes max if you wear gloves and use a serrated breadknife
to cut the stems.

I have just baught a pair of thick rubber gloves and I am now going to
massacre the mass of nettles at the back of my house tomorrow (When the
kids are back in school)

My next door neighbour is always complaining about hem so I will make a
start on hers.....
Maybe she will stop moaning at me about
Not that it has anything to do with me...Or that indeed I can do anything
lasting!

Cut green nettles in 6 " layers between other compost ingredients,
will also apply some oomph to your compost heap and get it working.
They can also be used as a weed and slug suppressing mulch between
rows in the veg garden.

I'll also get some into my heap too....God....This compost heap had better
start running off soon with all the help its been getting!!! B-)