Old 27-04-2003, 09:34 PM
E. Mito

Default aquariumfish.net arrivals

In article , "Bob A"
writes:

I ordered Amano shrimp, and I am pretty sure I got Ghost shrimp instead.
They appear very transparent.

I ordered both Amano shrimp and ghost shrimp from aquariumfish.net; I wouldn't
have been able to tell one from the other had I ordered only one kind of
shrimp, but the two were distinguishable from each other in that the amano
shrimp have a light brown stripe down their backs. The ghost shrimp did not.

I ordered Monday, and requested (via web form) arrival on Friday. I
received a form email Tue stating that I would be notified within three days
of when they would arrive. It also stated specifically that they would not
be shipped without notification. However, the only way I knew they were
coming was a FedEx email saying I had been shipped an overnight package.

I did not have good experience with aquariumfish.net online customer service
(they were very slow in responding; however, when I got impatient for them to
reply to my emails, I called them and their telephone support was great). I
was given notice of shipment, but I was not pleased with the courier who simply
left the package at the door without requesting any kind of signature, let
alone knocking on the door. I was lucky to hear the box thump against the door
(not a very fish-in-a-box compassionate delivery person).

I guess my main question is, are shrimp usually
visible in a heavily planted tank? I saw one the night I put them in, and
one the next morning, which was eating. Haven't seen any since.

Don't get too discouraged if you don't see any of your shrimp. They have
excellent camouflage and hiding skills. I thought mine had all died shortly
after I received them, too, until I got good at finding them in their favorite
hiding places. Turns out they have gotten really big and fat -- they are
probably more comfortable now in my tank, too so it could be that they are just
easier to find becasue they are not as shy.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm