Old 27-04-2003, 10:20 PM
mad

Default West Nile Fears

how big is the pond? you could add mosquito dunks periodically. in highly
mosquito-infested areas, there is some concern that the fish can't eat them
all. i have 300 gallons and the 5 fish don't eat all the mosquitos. so i add
the mosquito dunks and the problem is solved.
mad
--
"Let me tell you the one thing I have against Moses. He
took us forty years into the desert in order to bring us

From: "Mark Milotay"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:33:12 GMT
Subject: West Nile Fears

Hi,

I am about to repair the pond in my new house, and my wife is scared about
West Nile virus from mosquitoes that may hatch in our pond. I have assured
her that the combination of a pump & fish will prevent this from being a
risk, but she wants documented proof. If anyone can put me on to some
reliable sources it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark