Old 27-04-2003, 11:20 PM
anton

Default What apple trees do I plant..

Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide wrote in message ...
I am looking to plant two apple trees in the front garden. I have two good
size areas one for an eating apple and one for a cooking apple, well that's
the plan.
I would like to let then get to about 9-10 ft and then keep them that way.
Anyone have any suggestions on what type to plant as I have never done

this,
I am looking for a tasty apple and good cropping tree.

The rootstock is the main influence on height- for the height
you specify MM106 rootstock- one of the more widely
available- will probably be OK. The apples that do best
vary from region to region- with the main difference being broadly btw the
wetter West and the drier East, though
there is also some N/S variation. You don't say where
you are, but here's my selection so far in East Anglia.

www.btinternet.com/~treesandfruit/

--
Anton