Old 28-04-2003, 12:08 AM
montana

Default Grape advice requested

In article ,
"Rob Smith" rfsmith@-remove this before sending-alltel.net wrote:

I'm not an expert here, but you might have to prune the vines this fall and
wait for grapes next season.

Although, there are some grapevines in the woods near where I grew up.
They were planted there by a barn years ago. The barn foundation is all
that is left and there are trees growing in it. I'm guessing the barn has
been gone for 50 yrs. Now the grapevines are spread through-out all the
treetops and all over the ground, and there are still huge clusters of (I
think Concords) all over. These grapevines haven't been tended in at least
26 yrs that I know of.

So you might also be having bad season, maybe they will come back next year
on their own.

--
Rob Smith, NY
www.allwoodwork.com

I have both cut the vines at the end of the season & also left them
alone. One year we had a lot of rain during the growing season, but two
other seasons have been dry.

I have no idea what variety they are, but they do make a wonderful
privacy screen, grapes or no grapes!