Old 28-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Judy Rigby

Default Does anyone else talk to their plants?

ned writes

Oh, they may not speak but they do respond.
My wife threatens non flowering plants that if they don't get their
act together, they will end up on the compost heap. Result? 9 times
out of 10, they are flowering within the month.
Uncanny.

I do exactly the same thing, with exactly the same results. My
underachievers get told they can have a year to sort themselves out
before their places are given to something more productive & *they*
fetch up as fertiliser. Had the spirea & the peony working overtime to
get themselves to their current states of perfection. Actually, you
don't even need to say it out loud which enables you to maintain a
facade of sanity amongst any humans in earshot ... just *think* it at
the plant with sufficient force & direction & the message gets across

Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html
http://www.rigbys.demon.co.uk