Old 28-04-2003, 09:08 AM
dave @ stejonda

Default suggestions please for back of pond plant

My pond is at the edge of the garden about 14" from the 6ft fence. I
have rocks hiding the edge of the liner. I've just removed a
summer-flowering lonicera from the site because whilst it was evergreen
where I obtained the cutting (my workplace in London, SE5) it drops its
leaves out here just inside the M25 which makes for work I don't need
clearing the pond of its droppings.

I'd like to replant the space with plants which will be happily
evergreen in such a situation, not necessarily covering the full height
of the fence, not necessarily flowering. Bamboo, I fear, would be a risk
to the pond liner although I could (with some effort) insert some
barrier fabric.

Ideas please.

--
dave @ stejonda