Old 28-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Trish K.

Default Feeding azaleas

Mceezee wrote:

The azalea bushes I have are about 15 yrs old (they were put in when we had the
house built). They have gotten very big (we have trimmed them back some over
the years).

They just don't seem to be full and full of flowers like they were when they
were the first couple of years. Is there anything I can use on them now to
help them get "fuller". I would say our soil is kind of hard where they are
planted but we do mulch around the plants.

really can't imagine what hard soil is but it sounds inhospitable. If
you like transplant them after they bloom into fresh soil. I've never
seen an azelea object to being moved. I wonder if some fast growing tree
has shaded them past tolerance?

TK