Old 28-04-2003, 02:56 PM

Default Sheep again

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:14:06 +0100, "Howard Neil" hneil@REMOVE TO
REPLY.co.uk wrote:

If you happen to live on or adjacent to common land and have to live with
the sheep, the only sensible way of constraining them is with stock fencing.
If you want to know more about such fencing, try
http://www.bekaert.com/twil/agricult...lock_broch.htm and ask
for the free brochure. It tells you all you will need to know (and a lot
more). If you do not like the look of such a fence, you could always hide it

Howard Neil

Thanks all for your comments.

I am shortly to aquire a garden on a new property which is one of five
carved out of a field populated by sheep.

My rear boundary is a wire fence ( a slightly lower than the suggested
4 feet) 29 Metres in length along which I hoped to grow evergreen
shurbs growing to a hight of no more than 4 feet so as to keep the
countryside view. However the front of the property is open plan.

How about a moat ?.

A neighbour who has lived on the site for a few months tells me the
sheep are a problem, I noticed her husband has built a five foot
timber fence around his new vegetable plot, but I don't have that
option.

Thanks

Paul