Old 28-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Skunk Problems- Thanks Everyone!

"SAS567" wrote in message
Hi All,
I want to thank everyone forl their advice on helping me with my skunk
problem. We bought a live trap at the store and trapped it last night.

Hubby
raised a blanket over himself, walked toward the cage/trap and put it over

it.
He then was able to put it in his pick-up and drive it a few miles away.

(We
live on a 20 acre parcel so he drove it quite a ways away.) We then

removed 3
boards on the deck, above the nest and there were no babies under the deck

in
the nest, thank goodness!

From what I know you did everything the right way. I caught a skunk several
years ago in a home made trap and an exterminator wanted $200 to remove it.
Wife dressed in rain gear and opened trap and skunk wandered off. I
understand a skunk will not spray if confined. I would not put in trunk of
car though.
Frank