Old 28-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Liz & Andy

Default Snails

Stephen Howard wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:04:15 +0100, Tarzan wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:41:18 +0100, Stephen Howard
wrote:

snip

But seriously ( folks ), at the risk of being thought a loony by your
neighbours - get out there in the night with a torch and pick the
blighters off your plants. In just a week you'll have decimated the
population.

Regards,

why all the trouble at night you can see them snoozing in the day
pluck them up

Well, generally speaking, the slugs and snails seem to scoot off
during the day to hide under rocks and in assorted nooks and crannies
( usually in amongst a convenient patch of nettles ).

Plus I do tend to go to work during the day

Regards,

--

I had a bunch of roof tiles surplus to requirements - I put some down on
soil in the shade and some propped on bricks to let snails underneath. I've

Liz