Old 28-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Jerrispond

Default Aggressive Shub

Shubunkins has become very aggressive
towards one of the fantails -- constantly chasing it around the

pond,seemingly nibbling at the 'joint' where the tail meets the body.
Thefantail has developed a white spot at that 'joint' where the shubunkinis
nibbling. What can we do to help our fantail? There is a white spot at
that'Joint' and it seems to be having a bit of trouble using it's tail.
It sounds to
me like normal spawning behavior. They can get really rough, and at times kill
the female. Most experts recomend that you don't put fantails in with other
fish because of the very slow swimming ability. When you watch a fantail swin,
it does look like it is having trouble, and shakes its tail end to get thru the
water. If the pond is large enough I am sure it will heal up ok. Shubunkins
and orfs are fast, so make sure the fantails get enough to eat.I have never had
a fantail survive in my large goldfish pond ....Jerri