Old 29-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Dave Millman

Default Plant wanted

Jim Rea wrote:

I'm looking for a plant I used to have over 30 years ago. It was a
semi-floating plant, no roots and the leaves looked something like the
leaf of the Water Weed but as I mentioned there weren't any roots as
such. Also it grew extremely well in very poor light conditions and
temp. really didn't seem to bother it one way or the other.

Jim,

Unfortunately, your description doesn't help me much, although someone
else might know what you are talking about. Some of the common plants
without roots include:

Ceratophyllum demersum (Hornwort or Coontail)
Azolla (floating fern)
Salvinia (floating fern)
Riccia fluitans (floating liverwort, crystalwort-not necessarily easy)
Ceratopteris (water sprite-has roots, but floats)

Try looking these up at http://www.tropica.com or
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Plants/ to see if you can find what you
are looking for.