Old 29-04-2003, 12:32 AM
kathleen

Default Foraging

"Jan Flora" wrote in message

misc.rural might have some foragers. And rec.food.preserving
(if I got that name right) probably has some berry pickers.

So, what's growing in your yard? We're waiting for the fiddleheads to
come up here. And the stinging nettle.

Jan

I don't know every edible wild green. We've got almost 9 acres, around
4-1/2 of it is fields.

We've got curly dock, heal-all (Prunella vulgaris), mache or corn-salad,
Smilax, yaupon holly (for tea), lyre-leaf sage, plantain, chickweed,
bedstraw and sweet white violets.

Tons of wild blackberries, but it looks like birds etc. are getting those as
they ripen. Probably more edibles, but I'm still learning. Makes me wonder
why I bothered to plant a garden, though grin.

Kathleen