Old 29-04-2003, 01:44 AM
KoiDave

Default Need DIY Solids Separator Filter

I want to keep the small leaves and solids out of my bead filter. It
looks like some type of vortex filter would do the trick. Looking
around on the internet, a commercial unit would cost somewhere between
$600 and $900. These can't be too hard to make. The question is,
does anyone have plans for building your own? I have a normal
flowrate of 1500GPH, but can boost this to 3000GPH when I really want
to make the waterfall splash. All my pipes are 2". My vortex filter
will be pressurized, so I need a lid that seals.

Thank you in advance for all suggestions!

KoiDave
Los Angeles