Old 29-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Charles

Default pH of water...

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:48:36 -0400, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

Gardening outside for the first time and I bought one of those soil
test kits to see if there was anything unusual. Of course when I
opened it found it required distilled water--had none in the house.
I'll have to run out for some tues or wed.

For a lark I performed a pH test on the house water which I use to
water plants. it showed a pH of 8.0. Has anyone performed a pH test
on their water and found similar results? I'm wondering if this is
normal for city/suburb water or whether this will result in a higher
pH as i continue watering plants.

I'll know better if it has affected my soil from the last two months
of watering when i test it later this week.
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

That's about normal, city water departments treat the water so it runs
about 8.0, this is to lessen corrosion damage in their distribution
systems.

there is a lot of discussion about thin in the aquarium groups.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others