Old 29-04-2003, 04:44 AM
redled

Default Shrimp Care

tose (LeighMo) wrote in
:

What do those of you keeping shrimp do for them other than be sure the
kH and gH are above the low end? I have heard mention of adding
iodine or other supplements. I want to add some shrimp, but want them
to thrive.

I add iodine. Kent Marine Iodine, which is sold for sal****er tanks.
Just a drop with each water change is enough for tanks up to 55
gallons or so.

Other than that, shrimp don't need much. Hiding places, for when they
molt. Good water quality; they are sensitive to ammonia and nitrite,
and should not be used to cycle a tank. Most of them will eat
whatever you feed your fish.

What kind of shrimp are you thinking of keeping?

Leigh

I think If you supplement the shrimp's diet with shrimp pellets, they
should get enough iodine. At least this is how I do it and have had good
success keeping ghost and amano shrimp.