Old 29-04-2003, 10:20 AM
fea

Default snails

"paddys1" wrote in message ...
The best you can do is when the evening is damp and the slugs and snails are
out, go out and sprinkle salt on them, watch them shrivel up and die. I
found on a good night I can kill hundreds. Or if you are not squeamish pick
them up and drop them in a bucket of salt water when they are dead put them
in your wormary without salt..
Paddy
"The Guy" wrote in message
In article ,
Gayle Surrette wrote:

When I first had a snail problem I tried beer and it
worked but I don't drink so I wasn't always sure where
to pick it up. Someone told me that what they really go
for is the yeast so I just put a tablespoon (1 packet)
of yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water with a pinch of sugar.
Let it sit for a while (it will foam a bit) and then
pour in jar lids and sit it out.

Good luck,
Gayle

Do beer traps also work on slugs?

Steve O
--
Steve O The best defense is an effective offense. Sun Tzu ca. 525

BC

Sprinkling porridge oats around your plants works,
the slugs and snails love the taste it works by drying them out
the added bonus is birds like it too which will encourage them
in your garden and help eat the snails too.
Fea