Old 18-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Jeremy Cullinan

Default bunya nuts

One dropped on my wifes uncles car while parked in front of her parents
house (the tree only spawns one pod about every 10 years) and it did quite a
lot of damage to it, smashed windscreen, dented roof/bonnet etc.

"Lorraine Holloway" wrote in message
. ..
Hi, found this info on a web site "Australian plants online"

"The simplest way to prepare Bunya nuts for eating is to put them in a
saucepan of water and boild for about half an hour. Remove from the water
and split open while still hot. Remove from the shell and serve with

butter
(pepper and salf if required). They may be eaten cold, but are better

hot."

Regards,
Lorraine
"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
The other day while strolling around some Sydney suburbs I came across
a couple of bunya nuts on the footpath. Well, I guess they were bunya
nuts: larger than a human head, with a pineapple texture, and something
resembling yellow pus oozing out of cracks due to the heavy impact with
the concrete footpath after a 25 foot drop. (Just think of the size of
any compensation claim if one were to hit a pedestrian!)

Anyway, I'd like to learn the right way to roast a bunya nut. Anyone?
--
John Savage (for email, replace "ks" with "k" and delete "n")