Old 29-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Coffee grounds to keep out cats?

lummy said:

Cocoa nbean mulch can also be harmful to dogs. As chocolate is toxic to
dogs, some young dogs may eat the mulch.

I doubt that any dog would eat enough of the shells to be a problem. These
are husks -- the equivalent of cocoa bean bran. Once down, the smell
short lived. In short order it turns 'mulchy.' The only form that would be
really appealing would be dry, bagged shells. So keep don't leave those
where Fido can get them.

If you do have a dog that like to eat mulch, I think you would more likely
have to worry about intestinal blockages than theobromine poisoning.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)