Old 29-04-2003, 11:56 AM
LeighMo

Default Shrimp Care

I think If you supplement the shrimp's diet with shrimp pellets, they
should get enough iodine.

There are lots of ways to supplement iodine. Some people feed their shrimp the
food meant for hermit crabs, since it's supplemented with calcium and iodine.
Some people use Freshwater Trace (which I'm tempted to try, just to see if it
makes a difference in fish health as they claim). I've even heard of people
using small amounts of iodized salt.

But I find the iodine supplements meant for reef tanks the easiest to use.
They're safe, and I don't have to worry about forgetting to add them; I just do
it with each water change.

Leigh