Old 19-02-2003, 11:39 PM
Sue

Default Frangapani

Hi
I need some advice on growing frangipanis from cuttings. I had some
success previously with cuttings I found at the tip - I placed them into the
ground and they all grew!! Maybe lucky?? Anyway, I wanted to grow some
more here in Karratha WA and found a lovely red flowering tree to take some
cuttings from.

Q1 Is it best to wait until the leaves drop before taking them?

Q2 How long should I leave them to "dry out???" before planting?

Q3 Should I use one of those cutting powders this time? (I didn't before)
and if so do I do that as soon as I take the cutting or when I am about to
do the planting?

Enough questions for now.

Thanks all and happy gardening!!

Sue