Old 29-04-2003, 02:32 PM
cj

Default The Levis Boycott - what to wear?

For hay, try Carhart logger's pants. Made out of much tougher denim than
most, and double layer in the knees/thighs. They'll outlast the "evil
501s" by a long shot (yeah, I stack/unstack/feed over 100 tons of
alfalfa a year, so I've gone through a few pairs of jeans). They fit a
bit looser, which takes a bit of getting used to, but sometimes that's a
plus. Also, they've got lots of pockets and things for holding your
fencing tools and such.

As for every-day/go to town jeans, I used to be a fan of Levi's boot
cut, but I've found I like the Carhart western jeans better. Wrangler's
were OK, but the legs weren't wide enough and rode too high on my boots.
Maybe I just have too big of boots...

Anyway, check out Carhart's. I don't work for 'em or get any kickbacks,
etc., I just use 'em for work and they seem to work well. Carhart seems
to be the "uniform" of the farmer/rancher here in Idaho.

-cj

|Remove the 'x' to E-mail me |
|================================================= ==========|
|Out ranchin' | |
|in the Wild, Wild | Froghorn Ranch |
|West, of Idaho... | Registered Missouri Foxtrotters |
| | http://www.froghorn.com |

Gordon Couger wrote:

If you are working in them Levis 501 will out wear any of the others. When I
was feeding hay I would wear out 3 or 4 pair a year and nothing else would
last a month.

I really hate them giving money to PETA but as long as they buy cotton from
Plains Co Op I won't bite the hand that feeds me.

Gordon