Old 29-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Pam

Default Plume poppy, was Help with conflicting bugbane instructions!!

SugarChile wrote:

Thanks very much for the suggestion. It looks, from the pix I've seen
on the web, rather like goatsbeard.

It's much taller than goatsbeard, with thicker stems and less of them in a
clump. The leaves are large, about the size of my hand or more. You don't
see it around much, I suppose because of its reputation for invasiveness,
but as I said, that's not been a problem for me. I love the stuff, it would
make my top ten list of plants I wouldn't want to be without. I even
designed a quilt featuring it, using tiny pink seed beads to make the
plumes.

Just as a footnote, plume poppy in my garden is an obnoxious thug. I removed the
mother plant years ago because it sent up runners all over the place (and at
considerable distance from the original plant) and I am still finding starts of this
thing in various parts of my garden. This is definitely a plant which should be sold
with a warning label.

pam - gardengal