Old 29-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default How to keep cats out of a pond

Before I caged my pond, the neighbors' cats would come over to watch Kitty
TV: they would sit for hours with their feet curled into their chest and be
mesmerized. Occasionally one of them would indulge in a fish-flavored water
libation (flavored water IS all the rage now, isn't it??), but that was all
they ever did (besides drive my dogs crazy 'cause they couldn't get to the
cats!). I would suggest that you make the sides as straight as possible to
deter pussy-footin' into the shallows for a quick swipe in the event an
over-powering temptation presents itself. Other than that, cats were never a
problem.

Lee

"Moontanman" wrote in message
Ok guys and gals, my wife wants me to put a pond in my front yard but my
bassets can't keep the cats away in the front yard becasue there is no

fence to
keep the hounds in! what the best way short of shooting all the

neighborhood
cats?

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like

bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get

me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild

caught
please, contact me