Old 22-02-2003, 09:06 AM
Terry Collins

Default bunya nuts

John Savage wrote:

....snip.....

Thanks Lorraine. The ones I saw were bigger than any boiler I'd have.
I'm surprised at the half hour cooking time. I anticipated they'd have
to be cooked for hours to get any heat through to centre of the nut! I
think I'd have to resort to roasting in the oven, simply because the
nut is so huge.

They are small potatoe size. The cone is usually broken open and breaks
up into individual "nutlets". You might have to use an axe, mallet,
sledge, etc to encourage this.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au