Old 29-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Starlord

Default How to break up clay?

Get the Air Force to drop a bunker buster on it might help.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writters Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"Bob" wrote in message

"Olushola" wrote in message
I have two 3'x10' areas in which I want to plant bushes and flowers. The
ground is hard as nails. I rented a 5HP tiller, but that just scratched

the
surface. I was told to rent a jack hammer to break up the soil.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Watering the area before tilling can help a lot. Keep it wet, without runoff
for a long time to soak it as deep as possible.

Bob

---