Old 29-04-2003, 09:08 PM
courtault at yahoo.com

Default Local Tree Sources

My brother-in-law, when seeing the Drake Elm we got from Ted's Trees, asked
if we'd gotten a deep discount due to the fact that it apparently had never
been pruned and that we'd need to do so (heavily) over the next several
years to address the many serious crotches in the tree. When told "no" and
how much we paid, he suggested we not buy from them again.

We did try another source (on 620, just north of Parmer). We called each
day they were supposed to deliver to confirm and waited -- only to have them
never show up. After several such incidents, I stopped by their office to
cancel our order. Oddly enough, they attempted delivery later that same day
and wound up wasting a trip to our home.

So, in short, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you with regards to larger
trees. I buy more moderately sized ones at a place on Pond Springs Road.
Bought a much better Mexican Redbud there (and at lower cost) than their
competition down the road (Red Barn).