Old 29-04-2003, 10:32 PM
John Rutz

Default Mystery algae photos

GD wrote:
It is a Cyanobacterium (bluegreen algae). Oscillatoria spp. I
cannot tell the species from your pictures, but that probably doesn't
really matter.

"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Lee

if GD is right thats what I went thru last summer, if you remember Rod
gave me the Rx for it it was Copper sulfate as in stump killer I dont
remember th dose now but it didnt hurt my pond plants you could do a
google for rod and bluegreen algae and find it
one thing I do know massive water changes dont stop it it comes back
jsut as bad after as before, when I tried that I dam near killed all my
fish due to temp shock as you remember

Good Luck keeep me posted as to how it goes for you

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com