Old 29-04-2003, 11:20 PM
grë ¿

Default Oleander - How Poisonous?

Oleander - How Poisonous?
"Big Wave" wrote in message

Just purchased and planted a variety of trees and shrubs for our back yard.

One is an Oleander plant. I bought it because it will grow big and the
flowers are awesome. Should I be concerned about the toxicity of the plant?
I keep reading that they are poisonous.

We have a 9 month old son and a dog. My concern is that they will

accidentally touch or eat some of the plant and get sick.

Thanks!

Watch kids carefully, tell them no they can't touch it and why, they will
learn. My son is almost 3 and he knows to leave them alone. I have a dog
and a cat they love to lay under it, but I don't believe they eat it. A
leaf strached me in the eye one time and it hurt like hell but nothing
happened (I washed my eye out with water for about 5 minutes).
Good Luck!
~b