Old 30-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Mark

Default time to plant? zone 6b

"CaringIsTheFirstStep" wrote in message ...
Until the state ag gets back to me, I might just start planting.

This is the second place that said 4/14 for the Philadelphia area
http://www.victoryseeds.com/frost/pa.html

I also live in zone 6b and I have already put out just about
everything. I don't know what yields to expect or if the cool nights
will stunt anything, but I've done it and now I'm just waiting for
nature to tell me if I screwed up.

In the garden so far:

sugar snap peas
cabbage
onions
sweet banana peppers
roma tomatoes
green bell peppers
spinach (growing like crazy, BTW)
carrots
Polish hardneck garlic (planted last fall)
elephant garlic (ditto, and about 3' tall)
white sweet corn just went in 2 days ago
grape tomatoes
Japanese eggplant
Black Beauty eggplant
pole beans
Anaheim chili peppers
brussel sprouts

Sprinkled here and there throughout the garden:

oregano
basil
chamomile
sage
dill
lemon balm
chives
savory
chervil
feverfew (just for fun)

Awaiting germination and subsequent planting:

Imperial Globe artichokes
cucumbers
cantaloupe
watermelon

Mark

P.S. I lost several small seedlings to nosy stupid birds plucking
them out of the ground. I fixed this problem by making a 6" diameter
silo of 1/2" square chickenwire out of pieces 18" long and 10" wide.
I got two dozen of them out of a roll 3' wide and 10' long...cost me
about $7 at Lowe's.