Old 26-02-2003, 08:10 PM
Graeme Gardiner

Default I don't want to do it, but ...........

"Bushy" wrote in message
Get a fly mower that is powered by electrickery and hovers on it's own air
cushion. They are light to use and you can quickly become an expert with
them. They are great around tight spots that include lots of curves

because
you don't have to turn the wheels, and you can swing it from side to side
and around corners.

They won't handle the heavy clumping grasses like green panic unless you

are
prepared to take your time, but apart from that...

Hope this helps,
Peter

Peter, I'd agree with that 100%. When I got sick of spending 1/2 an hour
starting the 25 yo Victor mower I decided to get a new one. Saw one of the
hover type at Bunnings for $116 and bought it about three years ago. I don't
have to rake up because it seems to shred the grass as it's spinning at 1440
rpm. This means that it has no grunt so wont handle the rough stuff but if
you use it regularly it will keep the lawn manicured. Mine's never been
better since I started using it. They are very light construction and I've
given mine too much abuse (rocks & sticks on the lawn:warning) and its
carked it. Nevertheless, I'm buying a new one this week. ($128 now)

Graeme