Old 30-04-2003, 07:56 AM
jammer

Default I must be crazy. Anyone else?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:41:40 GMT, wrote:

At our house it's grape hyacinths. Most of the violets are in the
woods, including the white ones.

You think you are crazy? I have a huge hole in my yard that is
supposed to turn into a water garden. I keep asking myself whether or
not to have the hole filled in with dirt, not water.

I am only 79 years old, but some of this gardening gets a bit much.

Pixi, it's worth it. You don't have to have a fancy pond to have an
enjoyable one. Mine is 4X2X2, approx. It has no filter or pump or any
of that. I don't test my water and I don't even have a
lantern.....yet. My water is clear to the bottom, I have no
mosquitos, 2 goldfish that are cool to watch, baby snails i like to
watdh, and they keep the pots clean, and i have 2 or 3 baby goldfish
left. I am hoping for toads some day. I have never had anything like
this and it is easier to me than in the ground gardening. My water
lilly is my most interesting as i can nearly watch it grow. I am
watching pad #9 come to the surface. Some of the names of my plants
escape me, but i like watching them grow. I think you should go for
it. If you do i will send you some of my never ending supply of
azolla. I just scooped out another 1/2 gallon of it. It grows so fast.