Old 27-02-2003, 06:27 PM
len brauer

Default I don't want to do it, but ...........

g'day rapdor,

been following the posts in this thread.

as an ex-mower mechanic here's my bit.

flymos have their uses they don't do the finest cut because they only
have a 2 blade cutting system, the petrol flymo (2 stroke) would be
more powerful that the electric.

4 strokes are much more reliable as far as i know it is only the rover
that has 4 blades, there could be other brands that i am not familiar
with. just with 4 strokes they do need the oil changed.

all rotary mowers are aggressive in their cutting action that is the
nature of the beast, the type of mower that cuts the neatest and with
less aggression if you like is the reel mower their cutting action
resembles that of using a pair of scissors.

depending on what sort of garden edging you have mowers aren't going
to cut neat up to them unless you have mowing strips with the edges,
so you will need something to trim edges and into corners with.

have fun

len

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 05:27:52 GMT, "rapdor"
wrote:

the time has come to buy a motor mower

age is winning the battle

so im looking for a gentle power mower, something that wont destroy my lawn
my garden would take less than half an hour with a power mower, but i really
do want the least agressive machine possible im told that mowers with
four cutting blades are less damaging than those with two the garden is
filled with trees, so has lots of curves and corners, and no large expanses
of grass

any comments or suggestions on what to buy (shudder) would be appreciated

--
happy gardening

http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/