Old 30-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Gordon Couger

Default German GM wheat trials approved but site sabotaged

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:24:39 -0500, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:
The no till crops except corn before RR ready crops could not
be kept on the same feilds over a number of years.

No-Till On The Plains 2001
Speakers Jim Kinsella
Jim operates a 850-acre farm which has been in a continuous no-till
corn/soybean system since 1977. He has snip

How may fallow years did he have?

You made your point. They use the beans to get weed they can't get in corn.
I told you rotations of two crops have worked since the 60's.

I still never took of like it die when RR crops came a long because it made
it much simpler. You didn't have to learn to recognize a large number of
weed species or hire a scout to do it for you. The failures of these systems
were pretty bad as well. Many were plowed up.

Where you have two crops that are profitable that is an option. I west
Texas I am limited to the amount of water I have. It fits cotton and little
else that there is a market for there.

I know a feels that has been in continuous cotton for 75 year it's not a
good thing. But it was still making pretty decent cotton when the fellow the
rented it put it in alfalfa for 5 year and it really made hay and the cotton
was great after that as well.

You noticed the number of farmers that flocked to no till as soon a RR crops
were available.