Old 30-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Are any of these poisonous?

I have had a bad time with an allergic reaction to what I believe is one of
these plants.

I only saw the first picture, but that was enough. It is poison ivy or one of
its close relatives. As the saying goes, "Leaves three, let it be."
Semi-uncleared areas are a favorite hangout. Since you got such a severe
reaction, you will have to be extra careful. However, if you need to mess
around in the woods, nowadays there are various pre-exposure compounds you can
apply to the skin, & other precautions you can take.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)