Old 30-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Mark

Default time to plant? zone 6b

"SugarChile" wrote in message arthlink.net...
The peppers will be iffy, but might be ok. The eggplants are way too early.
They like it tropical, and if they get much below 55F. they will be stunted
and won't recover. It's the vegetable equivalent of "failure to thrive".
You could get lucky, and prove me wrong g, but you might want to plan on
replacements. Another reason to hold off on putting eggplants in the ground
is flea beetles. I find if I keep eggplants in their (large) pots till late
in May, I miss the worst of the flea beetle population explosion. Also, the
larger transplants are better able to withstand the beetles than tender
young seedlings.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

It got up to 84 degrees (F) yesterday, not that I expect it to stay
that way all the time. The eggplants seem to to be growing and
putting out a little new growth.

The only thing I worry about is that I started nearly everything from
seed, and if I manage to kill off or damage my seedlings, I don't want
to have to go out and buy transplants. I like the "from seed"
approach better.

Mark