Old 28-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Andrew G

Default lemon tree

"mr clever" wrote in message
I have a lemon tree in a large pot (40cm diameter).

It's about 3 years old.

For the last 2 seasons I've been getting about half dozen lemons each
season.

I get lots of little lemons starting to grow, but when they reach about
1-2cm long, they fall off the tree.

Only a few stay on to mature.

Any suggestions?

As Willow said, it's probably due to lack of water. A Lemon tree in a pot
will take up a lot of water, and if the pot has ever dried out totally then
the soil may be water repellent.
Probably best to get it out into the ground somewhere.
If that isn't possible, give it a real good watering, then dig down in the
soil a few inches with your finger, and see if the soil is moist. If it
isn't, it's become water repellent, and you will have to add some sort of
soil wetting agent or crystals.
If it is ok, then just keep the soil moist.

Good luck
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply