Old 30-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Drakanthus

Default Upside-down beans

Some of my broad beans came up upside down. I saw white
roots poking up above the surface of the soil, and when I
dug them up, there were the beginnings of leaves making
their way downwards. So I uprighted them. Just thought
you'd be amused.

Rhiannon

I've got a few Australian runner beans too. Every year I forget which way to plant
them - eye up, eye down, on their side, on their end. It never says on the seed
packet. Just for the record - which way are they *supposed* to be planted?
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)