Old 30-04-2003, 06:08 PM
JWB

Default Wal-Mart plants make me cry

"Timothy" wrote in message

Judy I tend to have to agree with you. Wal-Mart is a sad, sad place.
Besides their plant abuse, they have help to destroy the small businesses
that used to supply these same goods. I'm finding it much harder to hand
over my money to these mega box stores who seem to care less about their
customer service with each passing day. I implore you or any other reader
of this, to support your local businesses. The 10 or 20 percent more you
might spend at a local business will support your local economy, not to
mention the customer support that you'll recieve.

I agree, but my "local businesses" have to stay open later than 6pm to get
my business. I'm stunned at the amount of local businesses that close shop
at 5:30 or so and then whine that Walmart and Home Depot kill them. Well,
duh...

That said, I don't buy plants at Walmart - it's just too sad to look at.

JWB