Old 12-02-2003, 05:14 AM
Jay Bird

Default wildlife

Did anyone hear me thinking about screaming like a 12 year old school girl a
minute ago?

My dog has been really interested in the ground under a big live oak
(multi-trunk, 100+ ft canopy) in my backyard for a couple of weeks. Tonight
I went out to get her back inside so I could go to bed. I walked up to her
where she was sniffing the ground under the tree and told her to get inside.
The next thing I know a very large number of doves were hightailing it off
of the tree branches for someplace more serene. The sound of them ( a
zillion, I counted them) launching from about 5 feet above my head was quite
a surprise. Leaves fell like rain for a few seconds and the flock went
elsewhere.

This is not recommended for people with heart trouble and I can imagine
where the phrase "soiling oneself" came from.

I guess this is better than the exotic coating they put on my car!