Old 30-04-2003, 10:32 PM
simfan

Default Neglected roses

This is most encouraging. I'd certainly give it a try. Thanks.

SF

jammer wrote:

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 04:10:44 GMT, simfan
wrote:

There are some roses that came with the house which have grown really
tall.
I believe they've not been pruned for a while, and now the lower parts
of the main stems, to the height of 2 to 3 feet, are hard woody and
totally without buds.
I've done some inexpert pruning and made them look worse.
How can I make them look better?

SimFan

I had one like that in the corner of the yard. I took a saw to it and
cut it down to about 1 foot tall. After a few weeks, if that long, new
growth sprouted everywhere and it is now gorgeous.