Old 30-04-2003, 10:45 PM
MMarks

Default Scorpions in Austin suburbs?

On 29 Apr 2003 16:52:53 -0700, (Dave
Riggleman) wrote:

If you have a scorpion problem: do you have a lush lawn or
exposed dirt and outcroppings in your yard?

Dave

They're in and around South Austin. I live in relatively new
contruction near Manchaca and Slaughter and one zapped me in my house
a few months ago. I thought the cat was looking for a toy, so I
reached behind an box and zap! I spent the next two hours
contemplating cutting my pinky off.

The sod I put in my backyard didn't take in a lot of places so I have
quite a bit of exposed dirt back there. He's the only one I've seen
in the couple of years I've been here though.