Old 30-04-2003, 11:44 PM
swim learning

Default Springtime flowers in North East USA

Once again, thanks to everyone for the additional comments on
identifying Prunus/Pyrus/Malus. There is such a variety of trees with
pretty flowers in the spring season - and all of them are known as
"cherries". I hope someone publishes some article on how to identify
them with some more detail, and possibly show pictures/photos in
various seasons.

earning) wrote in message om...
Please help me identify these four common New Jersey (planted) plants:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/shahswim/.../SpringFlowers

(if there is a problem accessing the above site, go to
httphotos.yahoo.com/shahswim and click on SpringFlowers)

I can email better resolution photos, if anyone requests.

Comments:
Plant 2: Seems like a Oak or Maple - very common along the roads.
Plant 3: Very common around apartment complexes. Probably a wild
flower intentionally planted?
Plant 4: Very common along road sides.

I see a lot of trees with gorgeous white/cream/pink small flowers
during spring. Although I have checked the basic Peterson and Audubon
guides, I have not been able to identify many of these. Example trees
are hawthorns, mountain-ash, plums, cherries, and crab apples.
Questions:

1. Are there books or internet resources to identify plants based on
flowers?

2. Are there resources for identifying plants based on flowers, that
are white/pink in spring?

2. Which are the best resources to identify plants; not based on
primarily leaves?